martes, 10 de febrero de 2009

Or a lack of it...........

Pninah and Frendors Joy Korrantoh Pio, Photo by Carles Toldrà

The first time I saw a hairless dog it was four years ago. It seemed to me an astonishing creature and from that moment I realized that I wanted to own one of them. The little girl was called Pninah and my veterinarian was babysitting her and her mate Tuts, a medium size xoloitzcuintli, most commonly known as xolo.


It's quite difficult to express the sensation I felt the first time I touch Pninah.....Dog and hair seems to be a reasonable idea, isn't it? but those amazing creatures have very scarce hair over their bodies or at least, they did a few decades ago. But this is entire debate.


The first thing thay you notice when you touch a true hairless Chinese Crested is the warm sensation and a very soft skin. Xolos and Viringos have a more "rubberish" texture but it all depends on the animal skin colour and dog day care.

No hay comentarios: