miércoles, 18 de febrero de 2009

The relation between owner and breeder.

Photo courtesy of Manel Enciso (manel@castafiore.com)
There are two women very important in my dog life: Teresa Moreu and Mme. Claire Chagneaud. I talked about Teresa in a recent post due to her relevance and I probably often will do. Our first encounter was at her new house, La Cantera and I can not forget her strong voice and dozens of dogs barking und jumping around her. Specially the Japanese Chins. She let me adopt two bitches from her kennel, Una Furtiva Lacrima della Castafiore, now a succesful therapy dog, and La Gioconda della Castafiore, with tremendous generousity and her professional advices never failed. She was my mentor and ever encouraged me to professionalize my hairless dog passion.



Photo courtesy of Mme. Claire Chagneaud


I met Claire almost two years ago, she bred my medium PSPP female, Clytemnestre du Temple d'Apphrodite. I chosed them because it is a family owned kennel and all their puppies grow up happy with her lovely daughters in a familiar context. I received proper information about the breed and valuable advice. I consider that we have developed a beautiful friendship and we share a similar point of view about the breed. Most of breeders tend to criticize their colleagues but she ever has been very respectful with them. Even when my dog evidenced a maloclussion and a french colleague tried to discredit her she demonstrated great professionality. I really appreciate her opinions and when I purchased my last dog, Flor del Ngorongoro, my final decision was influenced by her knowledge of the breed.


I am convinced that this kind of relation is possible and , most of all, desirable. It will enrich your life and your dog will benefit from its breeder previous experience.

No hay comentarios: