domingo, 15 de febrero de 2009

World Dog Show 2008.


Photos by Carles Toldrà (carlestoldra@gmail.com)


I went to Stokholm last june to attend the World Dog Show 2008. I wanted to see as many xolos and peruvians as I could. I had the opportunity to meet some breeders like Sonja Kolijn (De Huaca Viringo) or Mr. Rafael Giménez (Itzcuintlan Xoloitzcuintles), a living legend and a charming personality. His snake leather jacket in combination with a seventies shirt was very funny. I am so sorry that his magnificient Ch.Tenango (bred by Ms. Guadalupe Arena Escoffie) did not win the Best of Breed, he deserved. I asked to Mr. Giménez to write a solid book about xolos simply because nobody have been in the breed for so many years. Sonja resembles a runaway model and to see her in the ring with her absolute white outfits and her gorgueous dogs its an unforgettable image. She has an excellent web site recently updated and in my humble opinion she is one of the leading breeders in Europe. It will be very interesting to see which lines will be added to her kennel. Until now she has worked with Zero G and d'Renzo y Beatriz with great success.

I did not had the opportunity to greet Païvi Votkin but we have corresponded via mail last Christmas. It seemed to me a very strong personality with a peculiar point of view about selecting future owners but I respect inmensely her work. Some of my favourite dogs are bred by Päivi as "Milky", Wanhan Wuoren Zero-G-Milkyway or "Kiara", Wanhan Wuoren Kuukivenkoru and above all she owns Vicus del Nari Walac. It was a pleasure to see him as a veteran at Stockholmsmässan. If you wish to see some pictures or you want to know the results you may take a look at Svenska urhundsklubben, Urcanis or World Dog Show 2008 official web sites.

Finally I recomend you visiting Stokholm, I completely fell in love with the city and its wide range of scenarios. The old quarter of Gamla Stan or Skansen at Djurgården are absolutely marvellous.


03.00 A.M, Photo by Carles Toldrà (carlestoldra@gmail.com)









No hay comentarios: